Learning with a Growth Mindset

Farsley Farfield Primary School.

I am working with a ‘Growth Mindset.’

Monday 13th April | 4 comments
0

We start the Summer Term with an assembly that reminds us the importance of working with a ‘Growth Mindset.’ Children will role play scenarios when we might use a ‘fixed mindset’ phrase and then show how we could change our dialogue to help us work with a ‘Growth Mindset.’

We need to make sure we are not using the dialogue in the red hexagons. If you find yourself wanting to say these words, then try and change them to the words in the green hexagons.

Here’s another catchy song for us to enjoy together.

We will be putting these posters up around school to encourage us all to keep developing a ‘Growth Mindset.’

changing dialogue_24 changing dialogue_25

What are you doing to show that you are working with a ‘Growth Mindset?’ Post a comment to share your ideas.

Here is a short video which shows the role plays that the children performed in assembly, following an afternoon of drawing and painting dragons, while thinking about the words that came into their heads while they were working and the how they can turn them into positives.

4 responses to “I am working with a ‘Growth Mindset.’”

1. I will print these off and put them in our homework area!

2. Thank you for this: it is so helpful. We often hear “It’s too hard”, and it’s helpful to have some ideas of alternatives. We work hard to maintain a growth mindset at home, it’s so useful in all aspects of life, not just school work, and for adults too!

3. I like this idea of positive encouragement for children and aim to use it with mine. It is easy to slip into a habit of ‘giving up’ when things are tough. I think that this is a very positive approach.