Learning with a Growth Mindset

Farsley Farfield Primary School.

I have a Growth Mindset – celebrating ‘Dot Day.’

Sunday 13th September | 1 comment
0

This weeks Ethos Assembly will remind us all about the importance of having a Growth Mindset. To help us think about how we should tackle challenges and encourage each other to keep going, we will be sharing a very special story, called ‘The Dot,’ by Peter Reynolds.

Ethos_4Dot Day

On September 15th (and throughout the week) over 3.7 million people, across 141 different countries will join together to celebrate ‘Dot Day.’ Here at Farsley Farfield, every child will create their own special ‘dots.’ These will be put together to create inspiring displays in both the North and South buildings to remind us all about the importance of knowing ‘we can all make our mark on the world.’

dotmap-2364lu7

Here is the story, ‘The Dot,’ which we will share together in our assemblies.

Together we will also sing The Dot song.

Some of us have already started to create dots. In Year 2 we have used sharpies to add colour to old CDs and then on the reverse we stuck a dot which we had coloured and then written growth mindset messages on. We’ve suspended them all from the ceiling, so everyday they will remind us of the message in the story and the importance of having a growth mindset.

To see more of The Dot creations in Year 2 – click here to link to the post on the Year 2 blog.

One response to “I have a Growth Mindset – celebrating ‘Dot Day.’”

1. I am wishing all the students at Farsley Farfield a very happy International Dot Day! I loved seeing your creativity in action! The colorful CDs are a fantastic dot project! Here’s to keeping the creativity flowing and your mindsets glowing! Let’s keep connecting the dots! – Peter