Learning with a Growth Mindset

Farsley Farfield Primary School.

Feedback – give it and receive it

0

Feedback

• I know that feedback helps me improve my work.
      • I can give useful feedback to others.

Have you ever sketched something and not been happy with outcome?

Have you ever sketched something and then screwed it up and shoved it in the bin?

If you have, think again.

Watch this video called ‘Ish’.

Then watch this video all about feedback – feedback is the key to improvement and progress. It gives you information about what people think and a road map to your next destination with a piece of learning. It lets you know if you are on the right track and gives you confidence to move forward.

Reflecting on your own achievements and finding areas for improvement are important skills to develop. Helping your friends to reflect on their work is fun too. You can let them know what they have done well and what they need to work on. If you do this it helps everybody grow and strengthen their learning. This is why having clear learning objectives, success criteria and next steps are important.

Take a look at this bee.

bumblebee_buff-tailed_600.jpg 11

What do you need to do in order to make a really accurate drawing of it?

What are the key things that you need to get right about:

• the shape
      • the pattern
      • the dimensions
      • the colouring and shading

Can you do it all at once? There is lots to think about isn’t there? Doing a number of drafts each time and getting feedback on what you have done well and what you need to improve helps you on your learning path to an accurate drawing. You could try this back in class with anything that you are sketching. Here are a couple of images that you might want to practice on .

Butterfly Tiger Iron Giant

How does  feedback help you? Does this sort of feedback work only for sketching? How could it apply to other areas of learning?