Learning with a Growth Mindset

Farsley Farfield Primary School.

‘YET’

1

Week 5 is about the importance of the word ‘ YET.’ It is about knowing that with grit, determination, perseverance, and practise we can turn ‘can’t’ into ‘can’t YET’ and then into ‘CAN!’

The statements for the week are –

• I remember to say ‘YET’ when I struggle with my learning.
    • I am a Learning Warrior.

YET_1 YET_2

In the North Assembly we will watch these 2 videos and talk about the importance of not giving up and using the word ‘YET!’ to help keep us going.

YET_3

At KS1 we have been thinking about Learning Towers. When we are learning something new, sometimes it can feel like you are stuck in a dark dungeon, but with effort, hard work and determination we can begin to climb that tower. This helps us to become Learning Warriors, and ‘YET’ is a really important word for a Learning Warrior to use.

Below are some more ways we can change out language to help us be resilient Learning Warriors.

growth

During the week, in our classes, we will watch this video of the story, ‘The Little Engine that could.’  How does the engine manage to get over the hill?

KS2 Assembly – Can you do CAT’S CRADLE…YET!

In our KS2 assembly, we shall be attempting to spark an ‘old school’ craze by learning how to do the Cat’s Cradle

We shall be watching these instructional videos that give you a step by step guide on how to do it.

As part of the playlist there are other string games that you may wish to have a look at. Click here if you would like to see some written instructions.

REMEMBER, you will need to use all of the tools in your growth mindset tool-kit to make your new learning happen. And, if you find yourself saying,”I can’t do it,” remember to add that little word “yet” to your sentence and keep on trying. 🙂

Leave a comment with stories of your learning journey with some of these new string games.