Learning with a Growth Mindset

Farsley Farfield Primary School.

‘YOU MATTER’

0

youmatter Week 6 is about appreciating our efforts and acknowledging that we are all unique and special. The statements for the week are- Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 16.09.39Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 16.09.52

• I am proud of my achievements and efforts.
  • I notice other people’s achievements and efforts.

In the KS1 assembly we will explore another amazing book… ‘Going Places’ by Peter and Paul Reynolds. Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 16.19.02 We will watch this video which is based on the story and think about how much we can achieve when we work together and think in create and different ways. 33837416-the-words-team-together-everyone-achieves-more-written-on-chalkboard We are going to learn a new song, the theme tune to the Cbeebies program, ‘Arthur.’

The song has a really powerful message for us to all learn…. together. E’eryday when you’re walking down the street, e’erybody that you meet Has an original point of view And I say HEY!(Hey) what a wonderful kind of day! If we could learn to work and play And get along with each other You got to listen to your heart Listen to the beat Listen to the rhythm, the rhythm of the street Open up your eyes, open up your ears Get togetha and make t’ings better by workin’ togetha It’s a simple message and it come’ from de heart Believe in youself (echo: believe in yourself) Well thats the place to start (place to start) In our Ukulele group, we are going to challenge ourselves and learn how to play and sing along to this song! We will finish our assembly with a quiet moment as we listen to this beautiful poem by Peter Reynolds. Screen Shot 2015-02-08 at 16.18.43 Back in our classes, over the week we will reflect on what we have learned over this half term. Watch this video and think about how discuss what Gerald the Giraffe and his friends all learn.